donderdag 28 april 2011

Upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04

Half a year has passed since the release of Ubuntu 10.11, so this evening it was time to upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04. It took some time to download all the components, and then to install them and clean up the system, but as far as the upgrading process is concerned, I had no problems to report.

I'm not sure yet whether I like the new user interface (Unity), or whether I'll switch back to GNOME. I'll probably give it a try for a couple of days, just to get some experience with it, and decide then on what I will do.

Even though there were no problems during the upgrading process itself, there are/were a few issues on my laptop once Ubuntu 11.04 was installed. Here's an overview:
  • I use SeaMonkey to edit blog articles, and it seems that spell check is badly broken. I'm probably suffering from bug #762905.
  • Some plug-ins are missing in Firefox because of some compatibility issues. I suppose I'll be able to pick them up over the next couple of days.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten